We are building the global standard benchmark for AI maturity in business. Our product launch in January 2023 was covered by the New York Times and many other outlets.
Why join us:
- We are index experts. Our Co-Founders Alexandra Mousavizadeh and Annabel Ayles have more than 30 years of experience building complex indices that drive positive change in the world.
- We are building a cutting edge research team that uses the latest techniques in machine learning to build faster and better data collection and analysis tools.
- We are backed by some of the world’s leading tech investors, including the backers of Revolut and the tech commentator Scott Galloway, and have built a network of advisors that includes the Global AI Lead at AWS, Mastercard’s President of Cyber & Intelligence, Ocado’s former CTO, the former CCO of the Alan Turing Institute, the Chair of the UK Government AI Council and the former Head of the UK Government Office for AI.
If you are interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, innovative and impact-driven company, you can read about Our Values and Our Commitment to Responsible AI here. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion are set out at the end of this job description.
We are looking for a talented developer to join us and help shape how we build our product. This is a wide-reaching opportunity where someone can have impact across our entire stack.
In this role you will help us maintain, develop and evolve our web back-end solution, built using the Django and Wagtail frameworks. You will be key in helping us complete our migration to a headless architecture, and will work closely with our frontend developers to create a seamless experience for our users.
- Become deeply familiar with the architecture of our web server, application and our stack
- Suggest and work on feature development, bug fixes and optimisations for existing and new parts of the codebase
- Collaborate with other developers, designers and business stakeholders to understand and realise our business goals
- Be an active, reciprocal participant in product specification and code review
- Practise good software engineering practices
- Communicate clearly with team members, stakeholders
- 2+ years of backend software development experience (Python & Django)
- Previous experience building scalable REST APIs
- Experience developing and maintaining cloud infrastructure, ideally the Google Cloud set of products
- Comfortable working independently on semi-structured problems
- Experience of working in CI/CD environment
- Experience with containerisation, ideally Docker
Python (Django & Wagtail), Docker, GCP, Celery, GitHub
Nice to have
- Experience of working with a variety of data types in a startup environment
- Full-stack development experience (ideally with React / Next.js frontend frameworks)
- Infrastructure As Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Security/testing knowledge
- Familiarity with test driven development
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- 28 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Meaningful share options - you’ll own a part of Evident and share in our success
- Pension contribution
Our commitments to diversity and inclusion
- Evident is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating all forms of discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
- During our recruitment process, you will not be discriminated against for any of the following reasons: race (including colour, nationality, ethnic and national origin), age, disability, gender reassignment, being married or in a civil partnership, being pregnant or on maternity leave, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you need us to make certain changes (known as reasonable adjustments) to make sure you are not disadvantaged during the recruitment process, you should contact us as soon as possible.
- We strive to create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and discrimination, promote dignity and respect for all, and value and recognise individual differences and the contributions of all staff.