We are building the global standard benchmark for AI maturity in business. Our product launch in January 2023 was covered by the New York Times and many other outlets.
Why join us:
- We are index experts. Our Co-Founders Alexandra Mousavizadeh and Annabel Ayles have more than 30 years of experience building complex indices that drive positive change in the world.
- We are building a cutting edge research team that uses the latest techniques in machine learning to build faster and better data collection and analysis tools.
- We are backed by some of the world’s leading tech investors, including the backers of Revolut and the tech commentator Scott Galloway, and have built a network of advisors that includes the Global AI Lead at AWS, Mastercard’s President of Cyber & Intelligence, Ocado’s former CTO, the former CCO of the Alan Turing Institute, the Chair of the UK Government AI Council and the former Head of the UK Government Office for AI.
If you are interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, innovative and impact-driven company, you can read about Our Values and Our Commitment to Responsible AI here. Our commitments to diversity and inclusion are set out at the end of this job description.
We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join us and help shape how we build our product. As our second DE role this is a greenfield opportunity where someone can have impact across our whole infrastructure. In this role you will:
- Help set up and maintain our Google Cloud suite, including maintaining and improving our data warehouse.
- Develop and own ETL pipelines to transform and move our data as well as iterating on and improving existing processes.
- Help develop our backend solution written in Django, making data from our research database available to our frontend products and integrations.
- Champion the use of version control, QC and testing to keep a clean and reliable codebase.
- Put our data collection scripts and models into production, deploying them and monitoring their performance. These could be a simple API call, but could be a web-scraping task or deploying a model written by a Data Scientist.
If you do not fulfill all requirements in the job description, we encourage you to submit your application nonetheless.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining cloud infrastructure, ideally the Google Cloud set of products.
- Comfortable working independently on semi-structured data problems.
- Experience, or interest, in web-scraping and data collection techniques.
- Strong SQL knowledge with experience of data modelling and creating taxonomies.
Nice to have
- Experience of working with a variety of data types in a startup environment.
- Experience or interest in web frameworks (Django) or web user interfaces (React)
Our commitments to diversity and inclusion
- Evident is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating all forms of discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
- During our recruitment process, you will not be discriminated against for any of the following reasons: race (including colour, nationality, ethnic and national origin), age, disability, gender reassignment, being married or in a civil partnership, being pregnant or on maternity leave, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you need us to make certain changes (known as reasonable adjustments) to make sure you are not disadvantaged during the recruitment process, you should contact us as soon as possible.
- We strive to create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and discrimination, promote dignity and respect for all, and value and recognise individual differences and the contributions of all staff.